About Philka

Established by PHILIPPE KAMEL IN 1937 in a small shop on Parliament Square in Downtown Beirut.

In its early years and during the Second World War, the company traded many different products: Tyres, Paints, Automotive Lubricants, Bicycles and related automotive accessories.

In 1954, the company moved to larger premises on Bechara Alkhoury St

In 1960 came the greatest leap where the company moved into much larger premises and added many different industrial items to its product line:

  • Electric Power Tools BLACK & DECKER
  • Spay Painting Equipment DeVilbiss
  • Air Compressors, Air Tools & Airline Accessories INGERSOLL-RAND
  • Construction Equipment John Deere
  • Automotive Service Station Equipment Rotary, Bennett, Graco, Eco
  • Electric Generators Perkins, LeRoy Sommer
  • Marine Engines & Boats Mercury, MerCruiser, Sea Ray, Hatteras
  • Manufacturing of Boats Nautica
  • Paints Sherwin – Williams
  • Abrasives Norton

 

The company survived two wars: the 2nd World War and the 1975 to 1991 war in Lebanon. Despite the fact that in the later it lost 95% of its assets in the business, but thanks to a creative and aggressive management the company is back solidly on its feet.


Philippe Kamel

1907 - 1988